Question:
DEATH OF A GHOSTHUNTER - was there really a Carter Simms or Masterson haunted house?
jaan
2008-08-05 11:57:23 UTC
I just saw this film, which claims it is based on the death of this ghost hunter in 2002 but I can't find any info on it. I was really curious whether this story is based on the read death of this ghost hunter or just made up b.s. like Blairwitch Project? If it is based on a 'real' story, I would love links or where we could see actual footage of the house, which was supposedly catching ghosts on the film. just curious, thanks!!
22 answers:
Joe B
2008-08-12 20:43:23 UTC
To those that believe that this movie is true, you may want to ask yourself this question....."If it was really a true story...why can no one find any FACTS or information on it?"

There are no news reports, no newspaper articles...NOTHING which leaves me to believe that it is simply another Blair Witch type movie.

If someone can prove otherwise with facts, please give links...otherwise this movie is complete fiction...nothing more!

There was no Carter Simms...no Masterson house, or anything true about this movie.

If you think I am wrong then prove it! Post links that people can investigate for themselves. But until I see proof that this story is real....I think of it as Blair Witch or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Take your pick!
spideyy74
2008-08-07 23:29:13 UTC
I'm guessing it is a work of complete fiction, because the credits do not say anything about being based on journal notes by Carter Simms. It just says written and produced by Mike Marsh, and the other guy, Tetta, I think was his last name.

And in the thank yous there was no one by the name of Simms thanked, and if these filmmakers had access to her "journals" don't you think they would thank a family member for that? That's just my take on the issue. Fiction or not, the movie was one of the best independent horror movies I've seen in a long time, except maybe for Murder Party, which I highly recommend.
Doc
2014-07-09 17:32:45 UTC
There was a Carter Simms but no where is there proof she did this, died doing it or any other house haunting as far as that goes. T I am sure there are literally thousands of Carter Simms in the USA alone. This movie is nothing more than a Blair Witch hype type to line the pockets of the producers and nothing more.
2014-07-25 18:02:35 UTC
Seriously? You're all asking the same questions! It's so obviously a work of fiction, as are all 'haunting' films. No-one has ever come up with absolute proof of ghosts otherwise it would make headline news around the world!! Enjoy these films but don't waste your time searching for answers! Now, I need to try and find out if Gandolph the Grey really helped save Middle Earth. Not sure which continent it's on though.......
Schultzy
2008-08-06 19:08:20 UTC
It seems real from the ending but i cant find anything on it anywhere and if it went down as the movie showed you'd think discovery channel or sci-fi would of had a documentary on it or something. Good movie though, would really like to know if its real though.
magnes
2016-12-24 13:39:52 UTC
Carter Simms
?
2016-09-29 04:33:44 UTC
Death Of A Ghost Hunter
?
2015-10-31 09:58:37 UTC
I actually live in Queen Creek, AZ, I live about 5 minutes from the house. First off the reason there is no address because in order to film the movie the current house owners said they did not want their real house address on the movie for obvious reasons. And yes, in the 1980s there was a big murder and the house is considered haunted and in 2002 there were ghost hunters but as far as I know, they were NOT murders, I'm not sure whether the ghost hunter who investigated was Carter Simmons. That's all the information I know. I hope this helped :)
Kristen
2015-01-01 09:41:54 UTC
I believe that this movie is based off of SOME untrue facts. There is no official evidence of a ghost hunter dying in the Masterson House. But the Masterson house does exist u can look up photos. I believe it was in Queen Creek Arizona. Now the movie also said it was in the top 10 most haunted places, and its not, there's actually no "real" proof that the Masterson House is actually haunted. I hope this helped and this is all my opinion and research I have found, if anyone finds otherwise just let me know :) thanks I'm also still researching this movie :)
you want it
2014-04-06 18:52:49 UTC
Its real I knew carter simms
Renee and Lloyd
2015-01-20 14:02:02 UTC
The Masterson house is real enough. The rest of the story, however, I am trying to figure out as well. I can't even find any info on this Carter Simms! But I'll keep trying.
2015-08-18 12:49:42 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

?
2015-06-23 01:14:36 UTC
I am a fan of horror films/those dealing with paranormal and if you scroll down the list of these movies, you ll find that they are all based in some way on "true" happenings, some a wee bit farfetched but all the same...... Amityville Horror is a good example. The guy who murdered his family, said demons were telling him to do this but he was also trying to work up an insanity case. The family who bought this house afterwards have all sorts of hair raiising tales plus the priest who had come to bless the place. The house is presently occupied but they have reported no creepy activity. Hans Holzer, a psychic investigator, had a conversation with the ghost of a P-O.ed Indian. This was supposedly the site of an old Indian burial ground - that s always a good one. The family that got rid of the place and fled swear and be damned that all this happened but they are in a position of "that s their story and they re stuck with it." As for capturing stuff on film .... "the camera doesn t lie" BUT liars use cameras. So------
Sean
2014-11-22 12:23:09 UTC
Of course it's a fiction movie, but is an excellent one...

Nowadays there are millions of cameras everywhere in the mobile phones

In every home there are many cameras ready to take photos

However there are not real photos or any real evidence of paranormal activities...

The fact there are not proves of phantom's existence,

does not implies that we wouldn't enjoy a film....
2015-05-11 23:30:20 UTC
death ghosthunter carter simms masterson haunted house: https://tinyurl.im/e/death-of-a-ghosthunter-was-there-really-a-carter-simms-or-masterson-haunted-house
Doug G
2008-08-07 10:55:00 UTC
I too just watched the movie and it seems to have a reality to it though they must have changed the names because I cannot find ANYTHING on carter simms or the minister what was creepy to me is that I recently moved from salem ,OR to scottsdale,AZ I would like any info and feel your pain but will keep looking I have access to lexisnexis.com so I will try to look up death certificates but I still think that they changed the names .Doug
Sonia
2016-09-01 09:11:10 UTC
The address of the house is 23421 S Via Del Arroyo

Queen Creek, AZ 85142
Rhythm of the Falling Rain
2008-08-05 20:41:07 UTC
The year was 2002. Carter Simms was a ghost hunter whose meticulous approach to studying the supernatural had earned her a $5000 offer to perform a paranormal investigation of the notorious "Masterson House." Twenty years ago, respected Minister Joseph Masterson, is devoted wife, and their adorable daughter where ruthlessly slaughtered inside their family abode. To this day, the locals insist that the house where these unspeakable acts occurred is still haunted. After recruiting a videographer, a reporter, and a spiritual advocate to assist the investigation, Simms and her small crew settled prepared to prove once and for all whether "Masterson House" was truly haunted. Three days later, Simms was dead.

What sinister events unfolded in that unholy house of death? In this film, viewers are invited to follow along on that fateful investigation and find out firsthand just what awful otherworldy force sent this seasoned ghost hunter to her grave. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide
Dane1059
2008-08-09 09:38:09 UTC
I just saw this film. Although it was well done, it seemed substantially similar to the Blair Witch, without all the hype.
slntknight84
2008-08-11 11:51:40 UTC
I guess just like the blair witch and cloverfield, its made to feel real to strike fear in viewers. if the story were true, i'm sure it would have been in the news in 2002. i mean, it basically portrayes how ****** up the church is and its followers, and anything involving the church usually gets extreme media attention.
2014-09-29 23:56:04 UTC
No
2008-08-09 18:07:35 UTC
She was a spirit hunter..She died on one of her last hunts..she was working with a colleague of mine